I believe you know that journey is a passage from one place to another. There are different types of journey; academic journey, marital journey, child bearing journey, career journey. Sometimes when the journey is long, it is to our advantage. A journey is regarded as long when you spend 10 hours doing something you are supposed to spend 10 minutes on. Long journey causes discouragement. John 16:7 “But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you”. As a believer it is key to ask for direction before embarking in a journey. Sometimes, you get direction from the Holy Spirit and through the mercy of God.
Exodus 13:17-18 “When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, “If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt.” 18 So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea.[a] The Israelites went up out of Egypt ready for battle”
We are where we are today, is by the Grace of God. If not for God, we wouldn’t have gotten that job, or that perfect health, or that marital life. God is in charge of our lives and is the champion of our lives! AMEN!!
God doesn’t always lead us through the near or easy route.
How do you recognize God’s leading
- You know you are a child of God- If you are a child of God, it will be impossible for the devil to lead you.
- Retrace your steps – Look back at what God has done in your life. He would not bring you thus far to mess you up. God’s stake over your life is so high. If you can’t see what is ahead, see what is behind you and think of how far he has brought you
- Examine yourself- if you look through your life and know that you haven’t offended God or you are not camping with the devil, then God is directing you
- Pray and be sure that He answered- Believe that He heard you when you prayed
- Don’t stop praying- Don’t rest/sleep, keep on praying
- The happenings in your life aren’t unusual- 1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” If you let the devil hijack your ingratitude and give you what he offers, you will hate it. GOD IS STILL FAITHFUL!! Wait on Him and you will have a testimony.
When the journey is long, there is a an advantage.
Advantages of Long Journey
- The Lord is helping you to avoid a warfare- There are battles in every stage of life and sometimes the Lord helps you to avoid it.
- The way that is near may not meet Gods requirement for your life- Anything that doesn’t meet Gods requirement is automatically disqualified. Once God says something isn’t right, no matter how good it looks, it’s not right.
- God wants to tidy the end from the beginning- God sees the end and He wants to ensure you have a beautiful end even before you start.
- You acquire more experience as the journey gets longer- What we ask from God now, we don’t have enough experience to keep it. Experiences are the key to getting some request answered from God. It takes time to acquire experience. There are some things that if we acquire it, we might lose our faith and standing in Christ. You have to acquire knowledge.
It is easier to serve God when you are poor than when you are rich.
- The journey is long because you need more testimonies- You need testimonies for the times of trials and failures. When men fails, God never fails. We need more miracles to sustain the greatness God has at the end for you.
- It will strengthen your relationship with God- The intention of God during the long journey is to commune and be attached with Him always.
- Long journey prepares you for whatever life throws at you- It is a time to prepare. That’s why it takes 9 months to birth a baby, a time for preparation. HOW WELL ARE YOU PREPARED FOR YOUR MIRACLE?? God is in the picture of your life
- When the journey is long, God matures you- Maturity is required in Christianity, marriage, career. Maturity shows when you know when to look away, when not to talk and how to love as a Christian. You make room when you are mature. Maturity is not rigid. When you are mature, people will think you are dumb but what children calls weakness, elders call it wisdom. Maturity isn’t derived from age, but by daily loading up on the word of God. The youth needs to get matured too because very soon they are going to take over.
Isaiah 30:15 “ For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel:
“In returning and rest you shall be saved;
In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.”
But you would not